Zero draft 2016 Political Declaration released ahead of High-Level Meeting on Ending AIDS
The co-facilitators of the 2016 United Nations General Assembly High-Level Meeting on Ending AIDS, Patricia Mwaba Kasese-Bota, Permanent Representative of Zambia to the United Nations, and Jürg Lauber, Permanent Representative of Switzerland to the United Nations, have released the zero draft of the 2016 Political Declaration: on the Fast-Track to end AIDS in the age of sustainable development.
The zero draft reflects on the achievements made so far in the response to AIDS. It also sets out a clear agenda to Fast-Track the response by 2020 and put the world on track to end the AIDS epidemic as a public health threat by 2030.
The zero draft was presented to United Nations Member States on 18 April. Member States will negotiate and finalize the declaration over the next few weeks, which will be then be presented for adoption at the High-Level Meeting on Ending AIDS on 8 June.
The United Nations General Assembly High-Level Meeting on Ending AIDS will take place in New York, United States of America, from 8 to 10 June. It will bring together high-level representatives of United Nations Member States, people living with HIV, civil society, the private sector and other partners to focus the world’s attention on the importance of a Fast-Track approach to the AIDS response over the next five years. The Political Declaration adopted at the meeting will guide and monitor the AIDS response towards ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030.
Original news item available at UNAIDS.ORG
- 2nd Meeting of the Organizing Committee
- BRICS Conference on infectious diseases. June 2015
- Civil Society PC 26.03.15
- December 1 - World Aids Day 2015
- Dive Safely! Kazan, June-July 2015
- EECAAC-2016 Advisory Board
- EECAAC-2016 Day 1
- HIV testing in Kazan
- International Development Assistance PC 24.03.15
- Memorial Day. May 17, 2015
- PMTCT Conference. Saint-Petersburg, June 2015
- Program Committees Meeting. October 1-2, 2015
- Science and Medicine PC 26.03.15
- World AIDS Day. December 1, 2014