Articles & Expert Views
HIV This Month. Issue No. 1 (2016)
The first issue of HIV this month in 2016 has come out! You can download it here.
Please note the two important studies in this issue: Sustainable HIV treatment in Africa through viral-load-informed differentiated care by Andrew Philips et al. in Nature and On-demand preexposure prophylaxis in men at high risk for HIV-1 infection by Jean-Michel Molina et al. in the New England Journal of Medicine. The former uses mathematical modelling to synthesize evidence and evaluate the cost-effectiveness of viral-load-informed differentiated care, accounting for limitations of dried blood sample testing. Results from the ANRS-funded IPERGAY trial that showed preexposure prophylaxis protected gay men and other men who have sex with men against HIV are presented in the latter. If you recall, some three years ago, UNAIDS Science Now hosted its first discussion Placebos and PrEP: Challenges in HIV Research where the main author shared his perspectives on the ongoing IPERGAY trial.
The role of progestins in HIV acquisition in young women, a comment by Gita Ramjee and Sheena McCormack in The Lancet tackles the topic in light of Elizabeth Byrne and colleagues’ report on the biological mechanism by which injectable progestin-only contraceptives or endogenous progesterone might act to increase the risk of HIV acquisition in women (also featured in this issue).
- 2nd Meeting of the Organizing Committee
- BRICS Conference on infectious diseases. June 2015
- Civil Society PC 26.03.15
- December 1 - World Aids Day 2015
- Dive Safely! Kazan, June-July 2015
- EECAAC-2016 Advisory Board
- EECAAC-2016 Day 1
- HIV testing in Kazan
- International Development Assistance PC 24.03.15
- Memorial Day. May 17, 2015
- PMTCT Conference. Saint-Petersburg, June 2015
- Program Committees Meeting. October 1-2, 2015
- Science and Medicine PC 26.03.15
- World AIDS Day. December 1, 2014